Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Recycled Bird Feeder

Eiz loves watching bird! When we bought our house there was a really nice bird feeder in the back yard. Because the ground was always to wet for a step ladder we had never put any seed in it. I found an empty pop bottle at work so Eiz and I turned it into a small feeder that we could place closer to the kitchen window.

I didnt have a metal holder the day we made it.
Leftover PVC pipe had to work for a couple of days.


Eiz colored the bottle with permanent markers. Just because it says permanent, doesnt mean that it will keep its color in rain and sunshine. All of the color on ours in now gone. :(
I noticed today that with the rain and warm weather that we have had, our bird seed is actually growing. I cant decide if I want to let it grow and see what it looks like or if I want to fill it with new dry seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment