Thursday, April 8, 2010

Coffee Filter Butterflies

While Tanner made dinner the other night, Eiz was into everything. I was trying to come up with things for her to do, but nothing would keep her attention for very long. I decided to strap her in the high chair and make coffee filter butterflies. I didn't have any water colors so I made my own using water and food coloring. You really don't need a whole lot of water or your colors will be to light when they dry. Once you color them and let them dry, add a pipe cleaner for the body and antennas.

We have a nice big window in our kitchen and I love to use it as a display for art that Eiz has made. I hung our butterflies from the curtain rod using fishing string so that they look like they are flying. Sorry the picture is so dark and please don't mind the neighbors backyard. :)

Here is one that was made using water and food coloring. The colors look much brighter once they have dried.


I just used food coloring on this one and the colors are so dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment